Over the last six months or so, I have been ill a lot more than usual.  At first I thought that I was working too hard or just run down, but after taking a meaningful break, I discovered that it wasn’t the case.  Some of my friends thought that I should go to the hospital to see my family doctor, but for me, going to the doctor is a last resort.  I figured that I should be able to solve this problem, all I had to do was take a deeper look at my home.

It wouldn’t hurt, right?

I started in the basement as I spent more time there than anywhere else in the home.  A few years ago we had a bit of a water leak and had a water damage restoration done on the basement to make sure that it was safe to live in.  I didn’t want to work in an environment full of black mold, so I made sure that the restoration was done properly and by professionals.

It was the right thing to do.

While the basement seemed okay, I did hear some faint dripping while I was down there.  I pulled back my bookcase only to discover mold growing on the wall behind it.  It seemed like the pipe in the wall had sprung a leak a long time ago.

I had found the source of my troubles.

I will have to get the same company I used in the past out to fix the mold issues – I can’t be sick all of the time, I have a company to run.